The last thing you want to be doing if you’re running a business, is worrying about keeping it clean. If you’re like the majority of business owners, you probably have better ways to spend your time. Crossing this item off your to-do list will serve you a huge advantage. You’ll be granted more time to spend on your core competencies and managing your company.
In this post we’ll be discussing:
- What janitorial services provide.
- The importance of a janitorial services checklist.
- Why you should consider janitorial services.
- Why this is one thing you need to outsource.
- How much do janitorial services cost.
What Do Janitorial Services Provide
Cleanliness has a cascading effect on every other aspect of your business. If your customer notices the impeccable condition of your work space, they will link that to the quality of your work.
Depending on the kind of operation you’re running will determine the kind of commercial cleaning service you’ll need. Here are a few questions to help guide you towards the professional you’ll need to hire.
Does your business have a break room, kitchen or cafeteria? Will you need carpet cleaning or hard surface floor care? Do you have air vents that are impacting indoor air quality? What about vacuuming and trash can emptying?
Asking questions like these will help you determine exactly what types of services you’ll need and make the selection process easier.
Allied Facility Care offers a variety of services including:
- Carpet shampooing, mopping and sweeping.
- Vacuuming, trash can emptying and air vent dusting.
- Restroom and glass cleaning.
- Kitchen cleaning and window blind dusting.
- Furniture polishing.
For a comprehensive list of our services or if you’d like to create a plan tailored specifically to your business needs click here.
Your Janitorial Checklist
Whatever business you’re running, you’re gonna need to have a few essential items in your tool kit to keep things spic and span. Most commercial cleaning services will provide their own supplies.
However, it’s still a good idea to have certain items at your disposal. Consider this checklist your foundation to ensure a tidy working environment.
Trash cans. Nothing too flimsy. You’ll want to have something durable designed for heavy use in high-traffic environments.
Mop. Comes in handy for those unexpected spills. Also great for removing excess dirt and filth that accumulates throughout the week. Swiffers are great for spot cleaning dusty floors too.
Vacuum Cleaner. Depending on your space and the type of cleaning, having the right vacuum cleaner can be a life-saver.
Dustpans/Brooms. Helpful with those hard to reach places that make using a vacuum awkward. Also great for picking up broken glass (which your vacuum won’t be able to do).
Cleaning Cloth/Microfiber. You’re surfaces need to be wiped down to maintain a bright and welcoming work space. Disinfectant sprays go hand-in-hand with a good microfiber towel.
While there are many additional items you can add to this list, it serves as a good starting point.
The Importance Of Hiring Janitorial Services
The reasons for hiring a professional team to clean your facility are many. Employees deserve to work in a clean environment. A clean environment reflects positive staff morale and your employees are prone to complete a higher quality of work.
As a business owner, it’s important to delegate certain responsibilities to the appropriate person or persons. Cleaning your workspace is no exception. If you can turn over the cleaning duties to a reputable and hardworking team, such as the partners at Allied Facility Care, that’s one less thing you’ll have to worry about.
Cleaning is a timely affair. It takes time and it’s one thing where you shouldn’t cut corners. A professional cleaning crew is skilled in all areas of sanitation and will go deeper than just keeping your workspace looking “neat and orderly.”
Why You Need To Outsource Janitorial Services
We’ve already talked about the importance of hiring janitorial services. Here’s a few more reasons you’ll want to outsource this task to commercial cleaning professionals. Not only are they experts in making your business immaculate, they can help you in other areas that aren’t so obvious.
- Avoid Citations. Regulatory agencies such as health inspectors will cite your property if certain criteria are deemed unsanitary.
- Reduce Employee Illnesses. A clean office diminishes the spread of germs, bacteria and allergens.
- Supplies On Hand. Cleaning crews make sure items like paper towels and toilet paper remain fully-stocked. No need to worry about running out of anything.
- High Office Moral. No employee wants to be singled out to perform janitorial duties. Keep your staff in good spirits and let them do the job you hired them to execute.
- Lower Property Insurance. Your property must carry liability insurance. When you outsource your cleaning to a professional crew, the obligation for liability insurance falls on them. This will save you both time and money.
Janitorial Service Costs
The cost of hiring a janitorial service will be determined by the size of your business. It can be as low as $20 per visit to as high as $2,000+ per month. Prices can vary widely depending on your needs and the cleaning company you use.
Hiring a professional can be one of the best decisions you can make for your business. Don’t rely on yourself or your staff to carry out housekeeping duties. Bring in a high-quality service team.
If you’re curious about how much it will cost to hire a professional, contact us at Allied Facility Care to get your free quote.