Have you considered hiring a janitorial service for your office or other work space? If you have not, it definitely something you should consider. Here is some vital information about janitorial services and how they can help your business.
What are Janitorial Services?
Janitorial services are slightly different from commercial cleaning services. A commercial cleaning service is appropriate for large jobs that occasionally need to get done, such as deep carpet cleaning On the other hand, janitorial services specialize in the day-to-day cleaning needs of an office space. Janitorial services take care of vacuuming, dusting, window-cleaning and overall surface cleaning.
How can Janitorial Services Improve Your Office Space
Hiring a janitorial service can obviously make your office cleaner and more presentable on a daily basis. But, its benefits go beyond that. Here are some other ways hiring a janitorial service can improve your office:
- A clean environment makes a good impression on people who come to the office
- It helps your employees stay healthy since it reduces the amount of dirt and allergens in the air
- It saves time and money since your employees will not have to take time out of their busy day to attend to cleaning tasks.
- It ensures the job will be done right by people who are knowledgeable and experienced in the field.
Hiring a Janitorial Service Improves Employee Productivity and Morale
Part of running a successful business is ensuring that your employees are happy and productive. Asking your employees to take time out of their busy day to clean the office means that time is taken away from doing work that helps to advance the company. When employees are allowed to focus on their jobs, they become more efficient workers and their morale stays high. When they are asked to take on cleaning duties, you run the risk of their morale falling, which leads to them becoming unhappy and dissatisfied workers. If you continue down that path, you will quickly find that you have a revolving door of employees who only stay on the job a short time before they move on to other opportunities where they do not have to take on cleaning duties.
Prevent Major Problems Before They Occur
When you are running a business, you want to avoid as many large problems as possible. Hiring a janitorial service can help you in that capacity. A janitorial service can get rid of a spot on the carpet before it becomes an unsightly stain that cannot be removed. It can also help you identify problem areas, such as a crack in the floor, before they become a health risk. Perhaps most importantly, a janitorial service will keep your workspace free of mold so it does not become a health issue for your staff. Further, your cleaning staff will keep the office clear of any stray food or garbage that can attract insects or rodents to your area.
What can you Expect a Janitorial Service to do?
When you hire a janitorial service to clean your office space, you can expect the following tasks to get done on a regularly scheduled basis:
- Floor washing and vacuuming
- Trash removal
- Bathroom cleaning
- Breakroom cleaning.
There is a significant amount of convenience that comes with hiring a janitorial service. You can easily schedule the cleaning times at your convenience so the cleaning crew does not get in the way of your employees and vice versa.
Benefits of Getting your Office Space Cleaned by a Janitorial Service
Hiring a janitorial service for your office also has some benefits that can go unseen but are truly quite important and make for a better work environment:
- They supply the cleaning supplies so you do not have to buy them yourself.
- It eliminates the hassle of doing it yourself
- The cleaning staff is always available for cleaning duties
- The cleaning staff is likely to be up-to-date on the newest and best products, techniques and equipment.
- You can modify the duties of the cleaning service to fit your budget.
- Most janitorial service companies use eco-friendly products.
- A janitorial service will sign a contract with your company to ensure a professionally-done job by committed people.
How to Find the RIght Janitorial Services Company Before you hire a janitorial service, take the following factors into consideration:
- Do a price and services comparison.
- Choose a company that is insured and bonded.
- Choose an experienced company with references.
- Choose a company that is familiar with your type of business and specific needs.
If you are interested in hiring a janitorial service for your office, contact us today to see how we can help you.